Vestibular disorders are caused by damage to the vestibular system. The vestibular system is intimately integrated with our central and peripheral nervous systems and interacts closely with other functions of the body including balance, vision, hearing, and spatial comprehension.
There are several ways to cause damage to the components of the vestibular system, including inner ear problems, stroke, head trauma, or viral and bacterial infections.
Common symptoms of vestibular disorders
- Dizziness and vertigo
- Imbalance and spatial disorientation
- Visual disturbances
- Hearing changes or loss of hearing
- Cognitive and psychological changes
How can vestibular rehabilitation therapy help?
- Treat Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV)
- Tackle symptoms related to vertigo, dizziness, and lightheadedness
- Focus on dizziness related to walking, head turning, and mobility
- Improve balance and gait deficits
- Complete a fall assessment and address fall prevention
- Increase coordination and body control
Sound complex? It doesn’t have to be.
Luckily for you or your loved one, Elevate Physical Therapy Fitness and Performance has the region's only certified vestibular specialist on staff. She is uniquely qualified and skilled with 20+ years of experience helping patients recover quickly from Vestibular issues. Call today to schedule your evaluation and to get on the road to recovery.
Are you ready to get the care you deserve?
Our trained specialists are ready to help