Knee pain is a common reason for people to visit their physical therapist. Often, knee pain is the result of an injury, such as a ruptured ligament or torn cartilage. But some medical conditions can also bring you to your knees, including arthritis, bursitis, patellofemoral syndrome, and tendonitis.
Commonly treated conditions
- Post-surgical care of ligament repairs, such as ACL, MCL, PCL, MPFL, and LCL
- Knee instability
- Quadriceps muscle strains
- Iliotibial band syndrome
- Osteoarthritis of the knee
- Chondral changes at the knee
- Patellofemoral pain
- Patella dislocations, acute and chronic
- Anterior knee pain
- Jumper’s Knee
- Meniscal tears, or post-surgical care of meniscectomy or meniscal repair
The bottom line
If you have suffered a knee injury from a sport, an accident, or a degenerative condition, the team at Elevate Physical Therapy can help you reduce pain, recover easier, and get you back to doing what you love.